Friday, June 19, 2015

First birthday ideas

My sweet baby boy is fast approaching one! He will be 8 months soon and I have just started thinking about his first birthday party. When Abby turned 1 we had a pretty big party at our house, nothing extravagant but we invited a lot of people. I have a pretty big family and events like birthday parties always have a large guest list because you just don't want to leave anyone out. Most of my friends have a kid or 2 now also and we definitely don't want to leave any friends out. 

I'm thinking we'll do Jax's party at our home just like Abby's but of course his will not be a Minnie Mouse theme. There are so many cute boy themes out there on Pinterest. Here are my top 5 choices so far.....

1. Mickey Mouse- Drew is a Disney fan. I mean so am I, but he really loves it. He wants our kids to grow up as Disney fans too. There is a lot of stuff to choose from if you go with a theme like Mickey. 
Project Nursery - Mickey Mouse First Birthday Party Gift Table and BannerMickey Mouse Birthday Tie and Suspender Onesie with Shorts for Baby Boy First Birthday Disney Clothing Birthday Party Little Man Tie OutfitAidan's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse First Birthday  | CatchMyParty.com

Such cute ideas. That outfit though... so adorable! 

2. Little Man Party- I love love love this idea. The sweet boy colors of blues, greens, whites... so preppy and just so adorable! 
Little Man themed baby shower. Could also be a first birthday party. Lots of cute ideas at Clever Nest #aquagraylime #boysfirstbirthday #hip... BOYS FIRST BIRTHDAY Mustache Outfit-Boys Mustache Birthday Set-Cake Smash Outfit-Bow Tie Bodysuit Luke's First Birthday Party! Little Man Theme Birthday Party! Goodie treat bags made out of brown paper lunch bags from the dollar tree and decorated with bow ties and ties made from scrapbook paper!

Baby bow ties...oh my heavens!!! 

3. Monsters- Cookie Monster or Monsters Inc... I can't decide but I love the Monsters theme. And I have to admit Abby loves the movie Monsters University so this would be a theme she would love too. 
First Birthday Party Themes That Will Wow You: Monster Mash I planned on decorating my son’s high chair for his first birthday since that is where he would be performing the most exciting part of a one-year-old’s birthday – eating the cake!  I was going to make a pennant banner to hang from the high chair tray when I realized that I could make the pennant banner look like monster teeth by making each triangular flag white.  And then I figured I may as well dress the entire high chair up like a monster because, well, I’m crazy! Monster Birthday Shirt First Birthday Boys by PatchesandPuppies 
I feel like there would be a lot of cute crafts we could make for a Monster themed party using the stick on eyes and construction paper. 

4. Baseball- So far everything in Jax's life has been deemed baseball themed because of his Dad. His room is baseball and anything that has his name on it is baseball themed. It's only natural that I would look at baseball themed party stuff. Although I am completely on board with branching out from that theme. 
I AM ONE Birthday Banner Baseball themed first by HandmadeByVee, $13.00 Baseball themed shower cake - Baseball themed cake for my daughter's baby shower.  My first time covering a cake completely with fondant.  It was so much fun.  Fondant shoes and BB bat.   Thanks everyone for the inspiration especially to the original creator! Get the buckets and other accessories you need to make this Baseball party look at Old Time Pottery today!  http://www.oldtimepottery.com/

Picture Jax in a cute little baseball outfit! Oh I love it! 

5. Cars or Construction - What's more boy than that? D loves cars, that's how he makes his living so that's why I thought of cars. I like to read Jax the book Goodnight Goodnight construction site and I think every little boy needs a Tonka truck. 

Getting ready for baby's first birthday!! Car's Birthday Party - Luigi's Tower of Tires - Chocolate Donuts Diner Style Race Car First Birthday Party #firstbirthdayparty #partiesforboys Everything Goes on Land Book Themed First Birthday

I still have a little bit to make a final decision but I just love all these ideas. I know Jax won't have any idea about all the work that I put into planning his first birthday party but it's more for me and the picture memories of it. He's my last baby so I want to go all out. 

*None of these pictures are mine, I took them all from pinterest for inspiration purposes only. I love pinterest. If you want to see where to find these at you can follow my pinterest board here. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas! We're doing a dapper little man party for Liam's 2nd Birthday. He wears bowties all the time, so it seemed fitting! Have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!