Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Greek Chopped Salad

There is this restaurant that we have gone to a couple of times for lunch called Fadi's. It is THE BEST!!! It's Mediterranean food. Everything is so fresh and flavorful and I am just in love with it. I wish it was closer to my office, I'd eat there weekly. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on if you're talking to me or my wallet it is about a 25 minute drive from my office so I can't go too often. The food at the restaurant has inspired me to try to start making some homemade Mediterranean like food. I started with this super easy Greek Chopped Salad!


Easiest Greek Chopped Salad EVER!!! Here is what you'll need....

1 cucumber (seedless is best) 
4 roma tomatoes 
1 can of chick peas (drained and rinsed) 
1/2 purple onion 

Dressing:
1/4 c. olive oil
some Italian seasoning
3 tbs. red wine vinegar 

Topping: Feta Cheese

Dice up all the veggies, be sure to remove the seeds and goo from inside the tomatoes. Put all the veggies and chick peas into a large bowl. 

Mix up the dressing and pour over the veggies

Stir it all up really good 

You can top it with some feta and enjoy immediately or throw it in the fridge for a bit and let all those flavors combine and eat it later. Either way is great! 

I have been eating on this salad for 3 days now. Yesterday and today I brought some grilled chicken for lunch and mixed it in with the salad. It is super filling, I guess because of the chick peas. It hits the spot for my Mediterranean food cravings! 

I can't wait to try some more Mediterranean inspired recipes. I purchased some lentils. I'm going to stalk pinterest for some recipe ideas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!