Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites- Attitude of Gratitude



The other day I was thinking about two things that have recently changed in my life and that I'm so thankful for!



The biggest change has been my husband's new job. A little back story on that... Drew used to work for a top car dealership as a sales manager. It was a pretty good job but he worked ALL. THE. TIME! Every holiday, 75-80 hours a week, every Saturday... I mean all the time. My kids barely knew him. When my stepdaughter would come to visit she barely got to spend any time with him. We never got to go out an have a date night and if we did he was too tired to even enjoy it. Also, the stress he was under was just ridiculous. Through a series of events he was presented an opportunity with a different dealership that was "going to offer him a better quality of life". Well it mildly effected his quality of life and he left every day feeling defeated because he was used to being a top dog and that dealership was not. Then, through a series of events he was presented an opportunity to work for a new company doing B2B sales and his customers are car dealerships. This is right up his ally and he accepted it. He started there in Nov. and things look good so far! Our home quality of life has changed, he puts our kids to bed every night, and we have committed to spending our Sunday mornings in Church! The changes in jobs has resulted in a pay decrease initially but I'm also thankful for that because it has really challenged us to take an assessment of our priorities and is the way we spend our money a reflection of those. It has been a learning experience and although quite challenging I am embracing it and seeing it as God's way of refining us!

The other thing is my running buddies! A few months back I put it out there on our neighborhood Facebook page that I was looking for someone who would want to run or workout with me in the mornings, like 5am. I didn't want to pay a gym membership because I knew I wouldn't go but I thought if I did this and knew someone was waiting for me at our neighborhood park...in the dark...alone... I might be consistent. Here we are 3 or 4 months later and I'm still at it. 2 Ladies replied to my post and I truly believe they were an answer to my prayers. Not only did I find 2 running buddies to hold me accountable and push me towards goals but I also found 2 friends! I am more thankful for those girls than they probably know! I did that Facebook post at a time where I was feeling very lonely and secluded. I have some close girlfriends but we all work, we all have families and time commitments where we aren't able to get together very often. It has been so refreshing to find friends that are at the same place and in the same season of life as Drew and I are and that I see frequently.

Happy Friday everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. great idea that you have a running buddy because of your post! i should really do that as that would be helpful too! Glad I came across your blog on the linkup! Hope you stop by mine as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!