Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hello 2016!

Well it is a new year! I love new years. I always write out a list of things I want to accomplish. Some things I do, some things I don't, and some things always end up on the list!

One of my favorite blogs to read is Momfessionals.com. Yesterday she did a Show & Tell linkup for the new year. It was about an introduction and to talk about the goals set for the new year. I would have posted yesterday but I was in a debate with myself about blogging... do I have time for it? Will I be consistent? Will anyone read it? Then I decided that I can blog when I have time for it and I can decide what amount of posting I want to do. Also I decided that even if no one reads it, it will be a nice way to document these crazy years of life and be able to look back and reflect on great memories or not so great memories, That is my goal for the blog to be real in what I write and use it to see where we are, where we're going, and how far we've come.

A little bit about me....

I'm Christina. I am wife to Drew and mom to Abby (3) & Jaxon (1), step-mom to Kylie (12). I work full time in HR for a restaurant company doing management hiring. Drew and I have been married for just a little over 2 years.  We bought our home around the same time we got married. My desire is to live a Christ filled life. I'm a work in progress and you'll see that in just a minute when I list my goals for 2016.



This was taken in early 2015... they are all bigger now.

Me & my man 

Christmas day 2015 

Now onto my goals... or resolutions... whatever we're calling them. 

1. One thing Drew and I are focusing on is our finances this year. We're going to give the Dave Ramsey cash envelope system a go. This is something scary because I love love love to swipe my debit card and I have never really stuck with a budget before. I'm sure I will talk more about this later to document how it is working. 

2. I want to minimize and simplify! I was off for 2 weeks at the end of 2015 and I swear I didn't do anything else except feed my tiny humans and endlessly clean my house. There has to be more to life than that, right?!?! I'm going to find a way to put cleaning systems in place, clear out the clutter, and implement the 1 touch system into my daily life. 

3. Do monthly date nights with Drew. With 2 young kids who require a lot of my time and energy sometimes Drew gets pushed to the bottom of the priority list. This takes a toll on our relationship and I want to put more of a focus on him and our marriage this year. 

4. In Nov. when Drew switched jobs we were able to start going to church more and have been going consistently. This month we are attending a class to become official church members. I want us to get involved in the church. Growing up we were very involved in church. Pretty much if the church doors were open, we were there. Then I dated the Pastor's son for 3 or 4 years so I was very involved in that role too. I also want to invest time in my relationship with Christ. For Christmas Drew bought me a busy mother's devotional bible. I want to be intentional about spending time in The Word and in prayer. 

Those are the big ones! I also have just some small things I want to accomplish this year. Things I think about often but never do because they are out of my comfort zone. 

1. Try new recipes and cook with foods I have never cooked with before. 
2. Put my phone down in the evenings and unplug from social media. 
3. Be more spontaneous. 
4. Play outside with my kids more. 
5. Run a half marathon
6. Make something DIY- I'm not talking about something little... I'm talking about something like a piece of furniture!! 

Well there it is... my 2016 goals for the world to read! I'm excited to get to work on these! 

Happy New Year! 

2 comments:

  1. Christina
    It was so wonderful getting to know you, so glad I found you on the link up!
    I will be praying for you guys as you join your new home church and become more involved! So exciting! :)

    Lauren
    www.learningtolovehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2016! Good luck with all of your goals! Date nights are on my list of goals as well - with a family, it's so easy to put your spouse on the back burner. Putting my phone down is another big one of my goals - they're addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!